Do you have a go to salad? One that you know is always a hit. Well this is mine. It comes together quickly and everyone loves it. It’s best to let it sit for at least 10 minutes before serving so the flavors develop. This makes two entree sized portions or 4 side salad portions. With a little bread and butter and a glass of wine, this makes a great, light lunch.
|Mixed Green Salad with Feta, Golden Raisins and Almonds|| |
- 1 bag (5 oz) Spring Mix lettuce/greens
- ⅓ cup crumbled Feta cheese
- ⅓ cup golden raisins - plumped
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- 4 thin slices of red onion - sliced in half
- 6 Tbs olive oil
- 6 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 6 twists of pepper
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- 1 squeeze of honey
- Wash salad and place in bowl.
- Plump raisins by adding a ½ cup boiling water to raisins in a small bowl. Let stand 5 minutes and then drain.
- Add Feta, plumped raisins, almonds and red onion slices to salad.
- Make dressing by combining Olive Oil, balsamic vinegar, pepper, dijon mustard and honey in a small jar. Give it a good shake.
- Add dressing to salad and toss. Let sit at least 10 minutes before serving.