Pasta with sautéed cherry tomatoes, olives and feta is a quick and easy recipe that takes less than 30 minutes to make. A savory pasta dish that’s perfect for dinner after a long and busy day.
How is it almost the end of October already? Work is busy, weekends are packed, it’s dark when I get up and dark when I leave from work to head home. The days are a blur and to top it off we’re heading into the holiday season.
When everything is moving full tilt ahead, I like to take the time to sit down and have a proper dinner – that’s where this pasta with sautéed cherry tomatoes, olives and feta comes in.
I’m a big fan of quick and easy pasta dishes. I love using just a few ingredients to come up with a flavorful, delicious dinner. This recipe comes together in under 30 minutes, it’s easy to make and it’s packed with flavor (my favorites – olives and feta).
While the pasta is cooking, sauté the cherry tomatoes quickly with garlic – it only takes a couple of minutes for them to become soft and release their juices. The cooked pasta is tossed with the savory sautéed cherry tomatoes, salty olives and feta. Crunchy walnuts and fresh basil complete the dish. An easy, flavorful dish to end a long and busy day.
A couple of notes:
- As with all quick and easy dishes, it’s important to prep all your ingredients before you begin cooking.
- This dish works well cold, so make a little extra and bring it to lunch the next day.
- I used fusilli but penne would be a good alternative.
|Pasta with Sautéed Cherry Tomatoes, Olives and Feta|| |
- 8 oz of pasta - I used fusilli
- 8 oz of cherry tomatoes - about 1½ cups - cut in half
- 2 cloves of garlic - minced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 5 twists of black pepper from a pepper mill
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 5 or 6 basil leaves - finely minced
- 2 tbs walnut pieces
- 12 kalamata olives - minced
- 2 oz of feta - diced
- Prepare all ingredients so they are ready to use. Slice cherry tomatoes in half, mince garlic, mince basil, measure out walnuts, mince olives and dice feta. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. I usually add a veggie bouillon cube to the water or you can salt the water before adding the pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, add one tablespoon of olive oil to a large sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté minced garlic for 30 seconds. Add chopped cherry tomatoes, black pepper and red pepper flakes and sauté over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes until cherry tomatoes are soft and wilted and have begun to release their juices. Remove pan from heat.
- Before draining pasta, reserve ¼ cup of pasta water.
- Drain pasta, add the pasta to the large sauté pan with cherry tomatoes.
- Add basil, walnuts, olives and most of the feta to the pan. Toss gently to combine. If the pasta seems dry, add a little pasta water to create a sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining feta on top of the pasta and serve.