This whipped goat cheese is an easy appetizer or spread that you can whip up in under 5 minutes. It’s tangy, bright and creamy – a mixture of goat cheese and cream cheese – whipped with garlic, lemon, red pepper flakes and a little parsley.
I’m a big goat cheese fan. I like it in pasta and on pizza but I especially like it whipped. Whipped goat cheese is an easy appetizer that comes together in 5 minutes with just a few ingredients. Combine goat cheese, cream cheese, a little lemon juice, garlic and red pepper flakes in a food processor and give it a quick whirl and you’re done.
When the weather is really hot, I like to put together some fresh veggies, fruit and crackers – add in some whipped goat cheese and you’ve got a light, easy meal. Perfect on a warm summer night with a glass of cold white wine.
Goat cheese by its self is too crumbly to serve in a sandwich but by whipping it you can make a creamy, tangy spread that’s the perfect addition to a sandwich or toast. I love to serve it on sourdough toast topped with ripe summer tomatoes and a sprinkle of sea salt and fresh herbs.
A couple of notes:
- I used a mini food processor because I’m too lazy to get out the big food processor. I had to pulse it back and forward a few times to get it completely blended.
- The whipped goat cheese will firm up when it’s placed in the refrigerator. Just briskly stir it before serving.
- I used a goat cheese that was flavored with herbs and garlic for extra garlic power.
- If you live near a Trader Joe’s they sell a great brand of goat cheese called Silver Goat Cheese.
|Whipped Goat Cheese|| |
- 8 oz of goat cheese - I used a herb and garlic flavored version
- 4 oz of cream cheese
- 1 clove of garlic - peeled
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ lemon - about 2 tbs of lemon juice
- 8 twists of fresh black pepper from a pepper mill
- 2 tbs minced fresh parsley
- Add the peeled garlic clove to a food processor and process until minced.
- Add goat cheese, cream cheese, red pepper flakes, lemon and black pepper to the food processor and pulse until completely combined. Scrape down the sides and give it a few more pulses.
- Once the whipped goat cheese is fully combined, stir in minced parsley and serve.