Italian Pasta Salad
This vegetarian Italian pasta salad is a quick and tasty recipe filled with bright summer flavors. An easy recipe to make for parties, BBQ or picnics – it’s ready in only 20 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings 1x
- Category: Pasta Salad
- Cuisine: American
- 8 oz of dried pasta – I used rotini
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper – chopped into small pieces.
- 1/2 cup of marinated artichoke hearts – chopped into small pieces
- 15 to 20 black kalamata olives – minced
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella – I used ciliegine (small balls) – cut in half
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs white balsamic vinegar
- 2 small cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper
- pinch of salt
- 8 twists of fresh black pepper from a pepper mill
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain pasta when ready and rinse under cold water until cool. Drain throughly before adding to a large bowl.
- Prep and chop all the veggies and cheese while the pasta is cooking.
- Add veggies and cheese to the bowl with the cooled pasta.
- Mix together dressing ingredients and add to the pasta, veggies and cheese in the bowl. Toss to combine and serve.
I used jarred roasted red peppers and marinated artichokes that I got at Trader Joes.
If you don’t have white balsamic vinegar you can use red wine vinegar instead.
Make sure to thoroughly drain the pasta before adding it to the mixing bowl.
- Serving Size: 1 of 6
- Calories: 324
- Sugar: 2.3g
- Sodium: 372mg
- Fat: 18.2g
- Saturated Fat: 5.6g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 15.7g
Keywords: Summer Pasta Salad, Quick and Easy Pasta Salad