Quinoa, Kale, Cranberry and Pecan Salad
This quinoa kale salad with cranberries and pecans is a light, healthy salad that comes together quickly and is easy to make. A great choice for lunch or a healthy side for dinner.
- Prep Time: 12 mins
- Cook Time: 14 mins
- Total Time: 26 minutes
- Yield: 2 to 4 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- 4 cups baby kale
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa – cook quinoa as per the package instructions
- 1 veggie bouillon cube
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove minced or put through a press
- 8 twists of black pepper from a pepper mill
- 1 squeeze of honey – about 1 tsp
- 2 tbs red onion – minced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 ounces of feta – cubed
- Roughly chop the baby kale and place in a large bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil, white wine vinegar, dijon mustard, minced garlic, black pepper and honey. Pour half of the dressing over the chopped kale.
- Cook dry quinoa according to package instructions. Add 1 veggie bouillon cube to the water.
- Add minced red onion, cranberries, chopped pecans and feta to the kale and toss gently.
- When the quinoa is done and cooled slightly, add it to the bowl with the kale, red onion, cranberries, pecans and feta.
- Toss with remaining dressing and serve.
If you make and enjoy this recipe, please leave a message and rating letting me know what you think.
- Serving Size: 2 to 4 servings
- Calories: 466
- Sugar: 6.1 g
- Sodium: 196mg
- Fat: 26g
- Carbohydrates: 38.2g
- Fiber: 6.6g
- Protein: 11.5g
Keywords: Quinoa Kale Salad, Healthy Salad