Avocado Toast with Cherry Tomatoes
Avocado toast with cherry tomatoes – a simple and tasty way to dress up avocado toast. Quick and easy to make – perfect for a light dinner, appetizer or even breakfast – it’s great any time of day!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 slices 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- 6 slices of French or sourdough bread – I used a rustic French garlic bread
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of cherry tomatoes – sliced in half
- 8 fresh basil leaves – thinly sliced
- 2 avocados – mashed
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tbs white balsamic vinegar
- 1 small clove of garlic – minced
- 4 twists of fresh black pepper from a pepper mill.
- 2 pinches of salt
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and chop up the basil and add to a bowl.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients – olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, black pepper and 1 pinch of salt. Pour over cherry tomatoes and basil. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Toast bread slices. I toasted them in the toaster.
- Put the toasted slices of bread on a serving platter.
- Mash up the two avocados in a bowl with a fork. I left the mashed avocado on the chunky side.
- Add the mashed avocado to the top of the toast slices. I patted it down with a fork as I added. Sprinkle a pinch of salt over the avocado mixture on the bread.
- Spoon the marinated tomatoes on top of the avocado toast and you’re ready to serve.
- I used white balsamic vinegar but you can use regular balsamic vinegar if that is what you have on hand (but it will be darker in color).
- Don’t mash up the avocado ahead of time, it will turn brown. Mash it up right before serving.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and leave a comment and rating to let me know what you think. I appreciate hearing your thoughts!
- Nutritional information is an estimate based on an online nutritional calculator.
- Serving Size: 1 of 6
- Calories: 212
- Sugar: 1.4g
- Fat: 11.8g
- Carbohydrates: 23.6g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: Avocado Toast, Summer Recipe, Vegan Appetizer