This tomato mozzarella avocado salad is an easy summer salad that uses just a few ingredients and comes together in minutes. It’s a fresh, colorful, summer salad that everyone will enjoy. The perfect side dish for a summer get together with family and friends.
Summer is in full swing and it has been blazing hot here in Los Angeles. So today I’m sharing this easy and colorful tomato mozzarella avocado salad.
This summer Caprese avocado salad is a snap to put together – it only takes about 10 minutes to make. Because when it’s this hot out who wants to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
It features ripe, sweet cherry tomatoes, cool mozzarella and creamy avocado. Toss it with a white balsamic vinaigrette and lots of fresh basil and you are ready to serve.
Follow these easy steps to make this tomato mozzarella avocado salad:
- Prep all your ingredients so they are ready to add to a bowl. Make sure to cut the tomatoes and avocado into bite size pieces. Also, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Add all the ingredients into a large bowl – cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, avocado and basil. Pour the white balsamic dressing over the ingredients and gently toss until combined.
Tips for making this recipe:
- There are not a lot of ingredients in this dish – so presentation means a lot. Try and cut all your ingredients to roughly the same size.
- You need to use fresh mozzarella when making this dish not regular firm mozzarella. Regular mozzarella is best used for grating and melting in dishes like pizza or lasagna. Fresh mozzarella is creamy and soft – perfect for an easy summer salad.
- I used fresh mozzarella balls (bocconcini) but if you can’t find them – buy an 8 ounce block of fresh mozzarella and cut into small pieces (about the same size as the cherry tomatoes).
- I used white balsamic vinegar in this recipe. Regular balsamic vinegar is okay to use but it will tint the salad a reddish/brown color since regular balsamic vinegar is much darker in color.
- If your avocado is too ripe it will just melt into this dish. Look for an avocado that is on the firm side (not rock hard). It should be easy to slice and dice and not fall apart when tossed in the salad.
- This dish will not hold up well in the fridge. Avocados are best eaten right away – the avocados will turn brown if stored in the fridge – so eat and enjoy!
Looking for other fresh, easy summer salads – then try one of these:
- Southwestern Quinoa Salad with Black Beans – Full of protein and veggies.
- Greek Salad – it’s a classic!
- Peach, Feta and Pecan Salad – a summer favorite.
If you make this recipe and enjoy it, please leave a comment and a rating. I’d love to hear from you!Print
Tomato Mozzarella Avocado Salad
This tomato mozzarella avocado salad is an easy summer salad that uses just a few ingredients and comes together in minutes. It’s a fresh, colorful summer salad that everyone will enjoy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
2 cups of cherry tomatoes sliced in half.
8 oz fresh mozzarella – I used little mozzarella balls called bocconcini or ciliegine.
15 fresh basil leaves
2 tbs olive oil
1 tbs white balsamic vinegar
1 tsp honey
1 tsp minced garlic
8 twists of fresh pepper from a pepper mill
A pinch of salt
Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and add to a large bowl.
Dice the avocado into pieces roughly the same size as the cherry tomatoes and add to a bowl.
Add mozzarella pieces to the bowl with the tomato and avocado.
Roughly chop the basil leaves and add to the bowl.
Whisk together ingredients for the dressing.
Pour the dressing over cherry tomatoes, mozzarella and avocado in the bowl and toss gently until combined.
Use a slightly firm avocado (not rock hard). If you use a very soft one the avocado will just blend into the whole salad.
I used white balsamic vinegar in this recipe. Regular balsamic vinegar is okay to use but it will tint the salad a reddish/brown color since regular balsamic vinegar is much darker in color.
If you make this recipe and enjoy it, please leave a comment and rating on my website!
- Serving Size: 1 of 4
- Calories: 346
- Sugar: 4.1
- Sodium: 387
- Fat: 27g
- Carbohydrates: 11.6
- Fiber: 4.5
- Protein: 17.9g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
Keywords: Easy Summer Salad, Caprese Avocado Salad