This tomato, cucumber, avocado salad is an easy, healthy, flavorful salad. It’s crunchy, fresh and simple to make. It’s a family favorite and ready in less than 15 minutes.
Recipe updated 10/28/17 to include nutritional information and tips for making the recipe.
It’s hot here, too hot to cook. So today’s recipe is a simple summer salad – a tomato, cucumber, avocado salad.
I love a good avocado salad and this one is one of my favorites.
It’s a quick and easy salad to put together that uses just a couple of fresh, healthy ingredients. Juicy cherry tomatoes, cool, crunchy cucumber and creamy avocado.
I’ve added some salty feta, red onion and a little minced parsley as well. Toss with a simple red wine vinaigrette and the salad is ready in under 15 minutes.
In this simple tomato, cucumber, avocado and feta salad, I’ve used a mix of red and orange cherry tomatoes but any type of tomato will work well in this recipe.
This is great as a side dish or serve it as your main course with some crunchy french bread, cheese and maybe some fresh fruit and you’ve got a cool, easy lunch for a hot day.
Tips for making this recipe:
- Wondering how to tell if an avocado is ripe? Just hold it in your palm and squeeze gently. Ready to eat avocados will be firm but yield slightly to gentle pressure. Don’t squeeze it with your fingers though – that can cause bruises.
- Because this is such a simple salad, presentation means a lot. So try and cut all your ingredients to be roughly the same size.
- Soak the red onion slice in a little water, for a couple of minutes, before mincing. This will remove some of the raw onion taste.
- Avocado does not refrigerate well. So if you are not eating it right away, wait to add the avocado until just before serving.
- It you want to make a vegan version of this tomato, cucumber, avocado salad then substitute kalamata olives for the feta cheese.
If you make this recipe and enjoy it, come back and let me know by leaving a comment below!Print
Tomato, Cucumber, Avocado Salad
This tomato, cucumber, avocado salad is an easy, flavorful summer salad. It’s crunchy, fresh and simple to make. It’s a family favorite.
- Prep Time: 12 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped tomatoes – I used cherry tomatoes
- 1 cucumber – peeled and seeded then diced
- 1 avocado – diced
- 4 oz feta cheese – cubed
- 2 tbs minced red onion
- 1 handful parsley – minced – about 2 tbs
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 8 twists of black pepper from a pepper mill
- Chop tomatoes into a medium dice. If using cherry tomatoes, cut in half. Add to a bowl.
- Peel and seed one cucumber and dice. Add to bowl.
- Remove pit, dice avocado and using a spoon scoop out the avocado from the peel. Add to bowl.
- Cube feta and add to bowl.
- Add minced red onion and minced parsley to bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar and black pepper – pour over salad.
- Toss gently so the feta and avocado don’t break up. Serve immediately.
- If refrigerating – keep the avocado aside and add before serving.
Avocado does not refrigerate well. So if you are not eating it right away, wait to add the avocado until just before serving
If you make this recipe and enjoy it, please come back and leave a comment and a rating. I’d love to hear from you!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 4.4g
- Fat: 20.3g
- Saturated Fat: 6.3g
- Carbohydrates: 10.8g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Protein: 6.1g