Fresh mozzarella and tomato salad – a simple salad of creamy mozzarella and cherry tomatoes. An easy side dish to make that’s a summer favorite.
Sometimes simple is better. This fresh mozzarella and tomato salad is a perfect example. Take two ingredients, toss with dressing and you’ve got something absolutely delicious.
Fresh, creamy mozzarella and crisp, juicy cherry tomatoes are a perfect combination. Add a red wine vinegar dressing with the bite of a little bit of garlic. Toss with some minced fresh parsley and you have a great, simple salad that is ready in no time at all. The hardest part is letting it marinate for 15 minutes before you eat it.
You could eat this as a side, or toss it with pasta or add it to a quinoa or spring lettuce salad. Your options are endless. Personally, I like to eat it plain.Print
Fresh Mozzarella and Tomato Salad
A simple salad of creamy mozzarella and cherry tomatoes. The hardest part is waiting for the salad to marinate before you eat it.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 4
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella – bocconcini or ciliegine – small round cheese
- 2 tbs minced parsley
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic cube – minced
- 8 twists of black pepper
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half – I used a combination of yellow and red tomatoes.
- Slice mozzarella balls in half (you want the size to be similar to the sliced cherry tomatoes). It’s important to use fresh mozzarella in this salad.
- Whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, minced garlic and pepper. Pour over mozzarella and cherry tomatoes.
- Sprinkle parsley over salad and toss gently until combined.
- Let sit 15 minutes before serving so the flavors marinate.