This is a fresh, light pasta salad that’s quick to throw together. The only cooking involved is cooking the pasta. The sauce is an uncooked tomato sauce – kind of like a bruschetta topping for pasta instead of bread. Olives, garlic and balsamic vinegar keep the sauce from being bland and give it a zingy kick. It works equally well hot or cold – so dinner tonight and serve it cold for lunch tomorrow.Print
Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Olives and Arugula
A zingy pasta salad with fresh cherry tomatoes, olives and arugula.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Pasta
- 1/2 box fusilli pasta (you can use any type of pasta you like)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup arugula leaves – washed
- 10 kalamata olives
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half (or quarters if they are large). Add to a bowl.
- Roughly chop arugula and olives. Add to tomatoes.
- Mince garlic or put through a garlic press. Add garlic, oil and balsamic vinegar to the bowl of tomatoes, arugula and olives.
- Let tomato mixture marinate while pasta cooks. Give it a stir every 5 minutes or so.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add pasta and cook as per box directions.
- Drain pasta and add to the bowl of marinated tomatoes, arugula and olives.
- Toss to combine. Sprinkle on feta cheese and slightly toss.