Roasting cherry tomatoes really intensifies their flavor – which is a good thing since tomatoes are not at their best right now. This couldn’t be an easier sauce to make – just throw cherry tomatoes, oil and garlic in a pan and roast for 15 minutes and your sauce is ready. I used thin spaghetti but you can use any pasta shape you have available.
Pasta with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
A quick sauce for pasta made with roasted cherry tomatoes.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Pasta
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes – or 1 basket of cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves – thinly sliced
- 5 twists of pepper
- 1/2 box of thin spaghetti
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 2 Tbs minced parsley
- 2 Tbs pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place cherry tomatoes, olive oil and pepper in a roasting pan. Toss briefly.
- Roast cherry tomatoes in oven for 15 minutes. After 8 minutes, add thinly sliced garlic (adding half way through the cooking time will prevent it from burning).
- While tomatoes are roasting, bring a pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions.
- Toast pine nuts in a frying pan over medium heat. Make sure to shake the pan so the nuts don’t burn. It should only take a few minutes to toast the nuts.
- Remove cherry tomatoes from oven after 15 minutes. Most of the tomatoes should have burst and released their juices – squish any tomatoes that have not burst.
- Drain pasta and add cherry tomatoes and their juices – toss gently. Add toasted pine nuts, parsley and parmesan cheese.
Leave a Reply