One of the things I’m trying to do is keep cooked quinoa on hand in the fridge. Having a large bowl of cooked quinoa in the fridge makes it easy to add a healthy whole grain to your salad. Technically quinoa is a seed but I think most people think of it as a grain – at least I know I do. Having quinoa precooked means you can whip this salad up in no time at all.
I’m happy to eat a salad everyday and this quinoa salad with avocado, cherry tomatoes and feta is one of my new favorites. So if you’re looking for a colorful, healthy salad why not give this one a try.
Quinoa Salad with Avocado, Cherry Tomatoes and Feta
This quinoa salad with avocado, cherry tomatoes and feta is a healthy, fresh salad that is light, flavorful and filling.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Salad
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (Cook as per package instructions)
- 1 avocado – diced
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes – sliced in half or quarters
- 2 oz feta cheese – diced
- 4 cups baby spinach – roughly chopped
- 2 tbs red onion – minced
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 8 twists of pepper from a pepper mill
- Pinch of salt
- Cook quinoa as per package instructions. Let cool slightly when done.
- Roughly chop spinach and add to a large bowl.
- Dice avocado into a medium dice and add to the bowl.
- Slice cherry tomatoes into half or quarters (depending on size) and add to the bowl.
- Dice feta cheese and add to the bowl.
- Mince red onion and add to the bowl.
- Add cooked quinoa and walnuts to the bowl.
- Whisk olive oil, white wine vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, black pepper and salt together.
- Toss salad with dressing and serve.
1. Make sure to rinse your quinoa before you cook it.
2. After cooking the quinoa, drain off any left over liquid using a fine mesh sieve.
2. The easiest way to cool your quinoa quickly is to spread it out onto a baking sheet.
3. Give your spinach a rough chop, this make it much easier to eat.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 486
- Sugar: 4.5 g
- Sodium: 277 mg
- Fat: 39 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 15 mg