Roasted new potatoes with parmesan and fresh herbs is an easy side dish sure to please everyone. They are golden and crispy on the outside and tender and flaky on the inside.
Recipe updated 09/01/18.
One of the things I like about blogging is the inspiration you get from other bloggers. Recently my friend Traci, from Vanilla and Bean, posted a great side dish and I realized that I don’t have very many side dishes on my blog. So today I’m sharing an easy side dish – roasted new potatoes with parmesan and fresh herbs.
This is a really easy recipe. There are only a few steps involved and the prep time is minimal.
Easy steps for making this recipe:
- Roasting new potatoes couldn’t be easier. Just chop them in half and toss with a little olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 35 minutes and they come out crispy and golden brown on the outside and flaky and tender on the inside.
- Next, sprinkle them with a little freshly grated parmesan cheese and finely, minced herbs and you’ve got the perfect side dish that everyone loves.
A couple of notes:
- For the fresh herbs, I used parsley and thyme, but you can use any fresh herbs that you like.
- Start checking your potatoes around 30 minutes. Mine have been ready pretty consistently around 35 minutes but every oven is different.
- No need to flip or toss the potatoes during the cooking process – they come out evenly brown without tossing.
- Finely grated parmesan cheese will easily melt and coat the potatoes when they come out of the oven – so please grate your own parmesan rather than use pre-grated cheese.
Looking for more easy side dishes? Then try one of these:
If you make this recipe and enjoy it, come back and let me know by leaving a comment below!Print
Roasted New Potatoes With Parmesan And Fresh Herbs
Roasted new potatoes with parmesan and fresh herbs. An easy side dish that is sure to please everyone.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 pounds of new potatoes – wash, dried and cut in half
- 2 Tbs of olive oil
- 2 small cloves of garlic minced
- 6 twists of pepper from a pepper mill
- A pinch of salt
- 1 to 2 tbs freshly herbs – finely minced – I used parsley and thyme
- 1 to 2 tbs of finely grated fresh parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash new potatoes, pat dry and slice in half.
- Toss potatoes with 2 tbs olive oil, minced garlic, freshly ground pepper and salt.
- Add potatoes to a large baking pan.
- Roast potatoes in oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- While potatoes are roasting, chop herbs and grate parmesan cheese.
- When potatoes are done, toss with finely chopped herbs and parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 of 4
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 75mg
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Protein: 5.1g
Keywords: Easy side dish, roasted potatoes