I love dips. They are so delicious and easy to put together. Just throw a few ingredients in the food processor and voila you’re done. This avocado feta dip is a perfect example of easy and tasty. It has creamy avocado, salty feta, lemon juice and the bright fresh taste of parsley and scallions. Just put them all in the food processor, give it a whirl and that’s it.
If you’re looking for a dip for the holiday weekend, then this one is for you. Everyone will love it.
I served this avocado feta dip with sliced whole wheat french bread, some crudités and corn chips for good measure. It works well with whatever you have on hand.
A couple of notes:
This dip held up really well in the fridge – no discoloration – so you can make it ahead. Just cover it with plastic wrap and press the plastic wrap down along the top of the dip. If you’re refrigerating it overnight, give it a quick brisk stir to soften it up before serving.
I used 3 scallions because they were very thin. If you have thicker scallions then use only 2.
I like my dip to be a bit on the chunky side. If you like a creamy, smooth dip then pulse in the food processor for a longer time.
This serves 4 to 8 people. If you are having a large party then go ahead and double the recipe.
I used a mini food processor (since I hate taking out the large one). I did need to scrape down the bowl a couple of times to get the dip fully blended.
Adapted from this recipe from the Food Network.
- 1 avocado - diced and removed from peel
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 1 lemon - juiced
- 2 or 3 scallions - roughly chopped
- 1 large handful of parsley
- 8 twists of black pepper (from a pepper mill)
- Add avocado, feta cheese, juice of one lemon, scallions, parsley and pepper to food processor.
- Pulse food processor until desired consistency - I liked mine to be slightly chunky.
- Serve with chips, french bread or crudités.