I’m all about quick and easy pasta dishes especially now during the holiday season. With so much going on, it’s sometimes hard to find the time to make a proper meal. That’s where this pasta with green beans and cherry tomatoes comes in – it comes together quickly, it works well hot or cold and is packed with fresh green beans, sweet cherry tomatoes, crunchy walnuts, salty feta and olives. Tossed with a simple lemon vinaigrette, it has a fresh, mediterranean vibe.
To help make this a speedy dish, the green beans are cooked with the pasta. Green beans are great – so fresh, crunchy and, well, green. I think people tend to overcook them so they lose their bright color and become limp. But by added them into the pasta 3 minutes before the pasta is to be done, they retain some of their crunch and they remain a lovely bright green color.
A couple of notes:
I used mini farfalle for this dish. You can switch out any type of pasta that you want – fusilli, penne or orzo would all work well.
You’re going to be adding the green beans to the pasta as it cooks. So 3 minutes before the pasta is done, add in the green beans.
This dish comes together really quickly so prep/dice/chop everything before you start cooking the pasta.
This was really good cold – so make a little extra for lunch the next day.
|Pasta with Green Beans and Cherry Tomatoes|| |
- 8 oz of pasta - about 2 cups dried pasta. I used mini farfalle.
- 2 cups of chopped green beans.
- 2 cups of halved cherry tomatoes
- 12 kalamata olives - diced
- ¼ cup of parsley - minced
- ⅓ cup of walnuts
- 2 oz of feta cheese - diced
- ½ lemon
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 6 twists of black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Add green beans to cook with the pasta about 3 minutes before the pasta is done cooking.
- When the time is up, drain pasta and green beans.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half and add to a large bowl.
- Dice olives and add to cherry tomatoes in the bowl.
- Add walnuts to cherry tomatoes in the bowl.
- Mince parsley and set aside.
- Dice feta and set aside.
- Whisk together juice of ½ lemon, 2 tbs olive oil, 1 minced garlic clove and 6 twists of black pepper.
- Add drained pasta and green beans to tomatoes in bowl. Add parsley and lemon dressing and stir to combine.
- Gently fold in feta and serve.