One of the things I’m trying to do this summer is keep cooked quinoa on hand in the fridge. Having a large bowl of cooked quinoa in the fridge makes it easy to add a healthy whole grain to your salad. Technically quinoa is a seed but I think most people think of it as a grain – at least I know I do. Having quinoa precooked means you can whip this salad up in no time at all.
With the summer heat in full swing, I’m happy to eat a salad everyday and this is my new favorite. So if you’re looking for a colorful, healthy salad why not give this one a try.
|Quinoa Salad with Avocado, Cherry Tomatoes and Feta|| |
- 1½ cups cooked quinoa (Cook as per package instructions)
- 1 avocado - diced
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes - sliced in half or quarters
- 2 oz feta cheese - diced
- 4 cups baby spinach - roughly chopped
- 2 tbs red onion - minced
- ½ cup of walnuts
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp honey
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- 8 twists of pepper from a pepper mill
- Pinch of salt
- Cook quinoa as per package instructions. Let cool slightly when done.
- Roughly chop spinach and add to a large bowl.
- Dice avocado into a medium dice and add to the bowl.
- Slice cherry tomatoes into half or quarters (depending on size) and add to the bowl.
- Dice feta cheese and add to the bowl.
- Mince red onion and add to the bowl.
- Add cooked quinoa and walnuts to the bowl.
- Whisk olive oil, white wine vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, black pepper and salt together.
- Toss salad with dressing and serve.
2. After cooking the quinoa, drain off any left over liquid using a fine mesh sieve.
2. The easiest way to cool your quinoa quickly is to spread it out onto a baking sheet.
3. Give your spinach a rough chop, this make it much easier to eat.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the recipe. You can find me on instagram and pinterest too.