It’s the start of asparagus season here in Southern California and soon the grocery stores will be flooded with asparagus. I, for one, can’t get enough.
This is a simple dish that comes together in 10 minutes tops. The asparagus is sautéed in a pan – caramelizing slightly. The sauce is created by adding lemon juice to the pan after the asparagus is removed – whisking the lemon and browned butter together and then drizzling over the asparagus. Simple and delicious!Print
Asparagus with Lemon Brown Butter Sauce
Lightly sauteed asparagus with a lemony butter sauce.
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 2
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/2 lemon
- 5 twists of black pepper
- Snap tough ends of asparagus.
- Wash asparagus – do not dry asparagus.
- Add butter to frying pan and melt over medium heat.
- When butter is melted and frothy – add asparagus (water should still be clinging to the stalks). Leave the heat on medium. Cover with a lid and set the time for 5 minutes.
- Give the pan a good shake about half way through cooking.
- When 5 minutes is up – remove asparagus from the pan.
- The butter will have browned while cooking the asparagus. Add lemon to the butter in the pan. Add pepper. Whisk/stir the sauce in the pan to blend.
- Pour over asparagus and serve.